Inspired by Julie‘s post and Kelly‘s post, I’m going to be doing an occasional highlight round of library related posts! I really want to take the time and recognize my colleagues for their work and these are the posts I found myself thinking about days after they were up.
(Also, I promise to get better about commenting out there!)
- Anne at So Tomorrow asked all about ethics and youth librarianship! I’m hugely curious to see how other librarians would handle her situations, so please take her survey. (I already have!)
- Kendra at Read Sing Play was brave enough to post a video of her singing her welcome song at Baby Storytime along with all of the rhymes, books, and songs shared! Much, much braver than I am — although I’m trying to be brave enough to do some videos soon.
- Abby from Abby the Librarian completely re-vamped her homeschool programming based on patron requests. I love when patrons and librarians collaborate to make an existing program better!
- Sara at Bryce Don’t Play wrote about being a “Think-Aloud Librarian.” I love this post mostly because I do this constantly, but also because it’s a great way to teach in the library without formal teaching. Please go join the discussion over there!
- Erin at Falling Flannelboards posted a roaring good time at her brand-new Toddler Time, with a fabulous amount of participants attending!
- Marge at Tiny Tips for Library Fun finished up her AMAZING series on collaborating with schools. I’m linking to Part One, which has links to all other parts.
- Anna at Future Librarian Superhero made my heart melt when she posted about the positive impacts that her Kindergarten visits have given her.
- Sarah at YA Librarian Tales posted her pictures of their library’s Stuffed Animal Sleepover. This is one of my favorite programs to look at because my friends and colleagues are so inventive as they pose the animals all over the library!
- Amy at The Show Me Librarian did a dance program which rocks my socks off. I’ve done dance programs before (mostly in the summer), and am always looking for new material to use!
- Katie at Storytime Secrets hosted the Flannel Friday round-up. TONS of new ideas await you here!
Enjoy! And feel free to leave me comments about what I might have missed!