In Case You Missed It…

Inspired by Julie‘s post and Kelly‘s post, I’m going to be doing an occasional highlight round of library related posts! I really want to take the time and recognize my colleagues for their work and these are the posts I found myself thinking about days after they were up.

(Also, I promise to get better about commenting out there!)

Monday

• Anne at So Tomorrow asked all about ethics and youth librarianship! I’m hugely curious to see how other librarians would handle her situations, so please take her survey. (I already have!)

Tuesday

• Kendra at Read Sing Play was brave enough to post a video of her singing her welcome song at Baby Storytime along with all of the rhymes, books, and songs shared! Much, much braver than I am — although I’m trying to be brave enough to do some videos soon.
  • Abby from Abby the Librarian completely re-vamped her homeschool programming based on patron requests. I love when patrons and librarians collaborate to make an existing program better!

Wednesday

• Sara at Bryce Don’t Play wrote about being a “Think-Aloud Librarian.” I love this post mostly because I do this constantly, but also because it’s a great way to teach in the library without formal teaching. Please go join the discussion over there!
  • Erin at Falling Flannelboards posted a roaring good time at her brand-new Toddler Time, with a fabulous amount of participants attending!

Thursday

• Marge at Tiny Tips for Library Fun finished up her AMAZING series on collaborating with schools. I’m linking to Part One, which has links to all other parts.
  • Anna at Future Librarian Superhero made my heart melt when she posted about the positive impacts that her Kindergarten visits have given her.
  • Sarah at YA Librarian Tales posted her pictures of their library’s Stuffed Animal Sleepover. This is one of my favorite programs to look at because my friends and colleagues are so inventive as they pose the animals all over the library!

Friday

• Amy at The Show Me Librarian did a dance program which rocks my socks off. I’ve done dance programs before (mostly in the summer), and am always looking for new material to use!
  • Katie at Storytime Secrets hosted the Flannel Friday round-up. TONS of new ideas await you here!

Enjoy! And feel free to leave me comments about what I might have missed!

12 comments on “In Case You Missed It…

1. Kendra
    January 20, 2013 at 12:59 pm #

This is a great idea! Thanks for linking me, but also for this roundup. I’m always missing things each week-there’s SO much great stuff out there-and lots of this was new and super helpful for things I’m working on this month. Keep it up! 🙂

• Katie
      January 22, 2013 at 4:54 pm #

You’re welcome! I’m already working on this week’s as I keep reading.

2. Abby Johnson (@abbylibrarian)
    January 20, 2013 at 1:47 pm #

Love this! Thanks for including my link! 😀

• Katie
      January 22, 2013 at 4:54 pm #

You’re welcome, dear!

3. fallingflannelboards
    January 20, 2013 at 2:04 pm #

Thank you for posting this, Katie! Like you, I’m trying to be better about commenting on other blogs. I’ve been lurking a lot over the past year and a half, which is silly since the whole reason why I started blogging professionally in the first place was so that I could join the conversation, not sit on the Internet and talk to myself!

This was a great round-up, and I’m kicking myself for missing Anne’s survey, but I’m definitely looking forward to the results!

• Katie
      January 22, 2013 at 5:02 pm #

I’m really AWFUL with commenting on other blogs. I do much better with replying to comments on my own. But I read SO MUCH. I really want to be better about that this year.

Anne has a follow-up survey, as well as the results, on her blog this week! Make sure to stop by.

4. Sharon Grover
    January 20, 2013 at 10:30 pm #

Wow, you’re a lifesaver! I never seem to get enough time to see all of the great blog posts I should be reading and this makes it easier for me to keep up. Thanks so much!

• Katie
      January 22, 2013 at 5:03 pm #

You’re welcome! I plan on doing it definitely these next two weeks since there will likely be a lot of news about the Youth Media Awards.

5. lochwouters
    January 21, 2013 at 7:08 am #

Thanks for the blog love Katie. But more importantly, thanks for all the great links. The conversations and thoughts and ideas and sharing of youth services bloggers is really amazing and I love to read and learn from everyone.

• Katie
      January 22, 2013 at 5:05 pm #

You’re welcome, on both accounts!

6. Anne (@sotomorrow)
    January 22, 2013 at 3:51 pm #

Thanks for including me! Round 2 of ethics chat is up this week, and there are some really great questions so I hope everyone will participate! You can also read the results from the last round. 🙂

• Katie
      January 22, 2013 at 5:06 pm #

You’re welcome! I’ve already starred your follow-up in Google Reader for a follow-up in the next “In Case You Missed It.”