For an overview of the Book Bundles and Parenting Packs early literacy kits, please visit the original post. The cost listed is the list price of each item, regardless of whether or not we got it on sale/discount. The activity sheets amount was calculated by cost of binder clip + lamination sheets.
- Backpack ($7.39) — 4Imprint
- The Construction Crew by Lynn Meltzer ($15.99) — Baker & Taylor
- Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site by Sherri Duskey Rinker ($18.99) — Baker & Taylor
- Crystal Climbers (48 pieces) ($24.99) — Lakeshore Learning
- Hardwood Construction Vehicles (6 pieces) ($29.99) — Lakeshore Learning
- Wooden Tool Belt Set (6 pieces) ($17.99) — Amazon
- Vinyl Bags (3) ($8.97) — The Container Store
- Activity Sheets ($2.55) — created in-house
For this Bundle, I took advantage of the fact that a favorite book was being re-released in a new format — Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site is now glow-in-the-dark! So I added that to the Bundle rather than re-buy it for the collection. And I got to write some pretty fun activities to go with the glow-in-the-dark aspect of the book. I also wanted to include a book that has not only racial diversity, but gender diversity as well. And that book was The Construction Crew.
The Crystal Climbers were a lighter option to building blocks and I like the opportunities that it provides to build something a bit more unusual that kids may not have seen before.
Hardwood Construction Vehicles were a great choice since I knew that I wanted to have actual vehicles in this Bundle. I love the weight of these vehicles — much better quality than plastic vehicles.
And the Wooden Tool Belt Set was something that I just couldn’t resist to buy for this kit. I’m always interested in providing dress-up clothes at the library, but I’m often concerned with germs. This wooden set allows for disinfection without needing any clothes to be washed.
This Bundle has circulated twelve times in the past five months!