For an overview of the Book Bundles and Parenting Packs early literacy kits, please visit the original post. The cost listed is the list price of each item, regardless of whether or not we got it on sale/discount. The activity sheets and resource guide amount was calculated by cost of binder clip + lamination sheets.
- Carrying Tote ($15.99) — The Container Store
- ABC Doctor by Liz Murphy ($15.99) — Baker & Taylor
- Doctor Ted by Andrea Beaty & Pascal Lemaitre ($17.99) — Baker & Taylor
- Froggy Goes to the Doctor by Jonathan London ($6.99) — Baker & Taylor
- I’m Getting a Checkup by Marilyn Singer ($16.00) — Baker & Taylor
- Medical Kit by Fisher Price ($16.99) — Amazon
- Melissa and Doug Doctor Role Play Costume ($29.99) — Amazon
- Activity Sheets & Resource Guide ($3.00) — created in-house
This Pack is the only Pack that just has books for the kids. I couldn’t really find any parenting books on the subject and that makes sense. I provided four books with a variety of storylines: ABC Doctor is an alphabet book about the doctor, Doctor Ted is a book about a bear being a doctor, and both Froggy Goes to the Doctor and I’m Getting a Checkup are traditional books that explain the doctor visit procedures.
The Fisher Price medical kit and Melissa and Doug costume are excellent ways for families to play doctor at home before their visit. Showing the child was some of the equipment they’ll see looks like may help to ease fears.
It’s the end of May and the Visiting the Doctor Parenting Pack has gone out 8 times since launching at the end of November! As a former child who was very scared of the doctor, I hope this Pack has provided some comfort for the kids!