For an overview of the Book Bundles and Parenting Packs early literacy kits, please visit the original post. The cost listed is the list price of each item, regardless of whether or not we got it on sale/discount. The activity sheets amount was calculated by cost of binder clip + lamination sheets.
- Backpack ($7.39) — 4Imprint
- 123 Peas by Keith Baker ($7.99) — Baker & Taylor
- Dog’s Colorful Day by Emma Dodd ($16.00) — Baker & Taylor
- Here Comes the 123s by They Might Be Giants ($11.99) — Amazon
- Snap-n-Learn Bugs ($19.99) — Learning Resources
- Spot It! Numbers ($11.99) — Amazon
- Mesh Laundry Bag ($3.99) — The Container Store
- Activity Sheets ($2.55) — created in-house
For this Bundle, I have a hardcover and a board book of two of my favorite books about counting: Dog’s Colorful Day and 123 Peas. Dog’s Colorful Day talks only about numbers 1-10 while 123 Peas counts up to twenty and then does up to 100 by tens (thirty, forty, fifty, etc.). I wanted to give a variety of ways to count instead of just numbers 1-10.
“Here Comes the 123s” is my shout-out for kids who like to move while they learn. And also because I love the CD so very much and yet have trouble incorporating it into Shake, Shimmy, and Dance.
The Snap-n-Learn Bugs are wonderful for hands-on learning and matching. I love that in addition to the “right” answer to the bugs, you could also turn it into a basic math problem: “Which other numbers could add up to six?”
And the Spot It! Numbers was a way to get the whole family involved in working on number identification. And not only that — it’s great for practicing visual identification of numbers!
It’s the end of April and the 123s Book Bundle has gone out 12 times since launching at the end of November! With our two week circulation, that means it goes right back out the minute it hits the shelves.