Welcome to the Spring Edition of “In Case You Missed It”! Now that we’re clearly in summer, I thought it was time to do the round-up!
- Guerrilla Storytime round-ups/notes: MLA’s Spring Institute and British Columbia Library Conference.
- 4.7.14 Lisa at Libraryland has a truly enviable project going on — early literacy kits. I am so excited for her and her patrons — what a great idea! Also see: round two.
- 4.8.14 Brooke at Reading With Red updated part of her library’s section to include an early literacy alphabet station!
- 4.21.14 & 4.22.14 Marge and Brooke tag-teamed and wrote a two-part series on how they updated their early literacy area.
- 4.24.14 Lisa at Libraryland completely revamped her Parent/Teacher collection and I love it!
Recognizing AMAZING Colleagues!
- 3.11.14 Bryce at Bryce Don’t Play has the best, most amazing tribute to moving-and-shaker Cory for her awesome idea of Storytime Underground and Guerrilla Storytime. Guerrilla Storytime is my ABSOLUTE favorite part of conference now!
- 3.27.14 Dana and Lindsey at Jbrary celebrated ONE YEAR. What would we do without you ladies teaching us all the bounces, songs, rhymes, tickles, and more? (I, for one, would cry.)
- 5.13.14 Marge reminds us to nurture ideas and each other.
- 3.20.14 Marge at Tiny Tips for Library Fun and the rest of the amazing staff members at La Crosse Public Library celebrated the THIRD BIRTHDAY of “1000 Books Before Kindergarten” — their community has read 257,200 books!!!
- 3.25.14 Meg at Miss Meg’s Storytime hits a slam dunk (in my opinion) with her Pete the Cat party! I’m toying with the idea of doing a book celebration once a month in the fall and you can bet I’ll remember this Pete party.
- 6.10.14 Brooke at Reading With Red writes about the biggest baby shower ever: a community outreach program. I can’t even believe the awesomeness that is going on here.
- 6.11.14 Angie at Fat Girl, Reading knocks everyone’s socks off with her description of her library’s Music and Movement program — aka BABY DANCE.
- Thrive Thursday round-ups for March, April, May, & June!
- 3.13.14 Lindsey at Jbrary hosted a spring break Superhero Training program! For everyone planning to do the 2015 CSLP theme, bookmark this now!
- 3.31.14 Angie at Fat Girl, Reading completely revamped her library’s American Girl program and she tells you how in a follow-up post!
- 4.1.14 Marge at Tiny Tips for Library Fun shows us how an Elephant and Piggie party is really done!
- 4.7.14 Anne at So Tomorrow’s Dr. Seuss celebration is absolutely wonderful and creative and I just love it so very much.
- 4.7.14 Abby at Abby (the) Librarian has some weather science in her Preschool Lab.
- 4.8.14 Lisa at Libraryland has a way cool and inventive science program — Peep Science.
- 4.22.14 Abby at Abby (the) Librarian is also growing things at Preschool Lab!
- 6.10.14 Abby at Abby (the) Librarian has one more Preschool Lab for us this ICYMI — ocean animals!
- Some of my favorite storytime themes to pop up lately: socks and shoes (Meg), jungle (Anne), funny stuff (Lindsey), the 5 senses (Mollie).
- 3.10.14 Abby at Abby (the) Librarian has you covered if you never received formal storytime training. She’s giving you all the information you need to help yourself in one post!
- 3.26.14 Marge at Tiny Tips for Library Fun is again singing the praises of storytime breaks. All I can add is: amen!
- 4.10.14 Lindsey at Jbrary has her favorite 2013 storytime books!
- 4.15.14 Katie at Storytime Secrets wrote a fantastic series on music in storytime: Recorded Music, A Cappella Music, Live Music, Saying Hello, Extension Songs, Stretching and Movement, & Saying Goodbye.
- 4.17.14 Dana at Jbrary has a thoughtful post all about evaluating storytime. This was especially timely for me since I was going through my first round of program evaluations when the post popped up in my Feedly.
- 6.4.14 Kelly at Ms. Kelly at the Library has some awesome tips and tricks for baby storytime!